Christmas Gift Program
Welcome to the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington's annual Angel Tree Christmas Gift program to help families in need during the holiday season. Each year - with your support - we help hundreds of families by providing each of their children, ages 16 and younger, with a Christmas gift.
Thank you for participating in any way you can!
There are a few ways you can help:
Purchase a gift for a each child in a family, or for several families! Click the "Adopt a family" button to see the list of children and their Christmas wishes and make your commitment.
Purchase a gift that will go into a Christmas basket for a family in need.
Make a monetary donation that will go towards purchasing gifts for children on the list. Please be sure to note "Christmas Gift Program" as the recipient of your gift.
Last year, friends like you provided over 800 children with Christmas gifts!
This year, donors have already committed to support families in need by "adopting" over --- children!
But there are still --- children who need your help!
Help make a family's Christmas wishes come true!
Gift Program Details
Check out the "Christmas Wish" for each child for ideas. If there is no specific gift requested for the child you "adopted," when you are shopping, check the labels on toys and games for the age children they are designed for.
Here are some general giving guidelines and logistics:
- Purchase new, non-violent toys or gifts that are appropriate for the child’s age (Most toy labels include what age children most enjoy it)
- Aim to spend about $35 per child
- If a toy you are giving requires them, include the batteries
- If you are giving gift cards, be sure they are to a recognizable chain store or restaurant that can be easily reached by public transportation
- Please DO NOT wrap the gifts you are giving. While grateful for the gifts they receive, parents may be reluctant to allow items, sight unseen, into the hands of their children. Many also want the joy of decorating the presents for their children themselves.
- Please consider adding a "Roll to Go" — wrapping paper, bows, gift cards, tape etc. -
with your gift. Parents will choose a roll to their liking and leave with everything they need to make the holidays brighter for their children.
- Please consider praying throughout the year for the family and children you "adopt" this Christmas
Gift Drop Off
We have two gift dropoff locations available to make it easier for you to help.
Washington DC @ Catholic Charities
924 G Street NW, Washington DC 20001
- Wednesday, December 14th — 8am - 2pm
- Thursday, December 15th — 12pm - 7pm
Waldorf @ Southern Maryland Food Bank
22A Irongate Drive Waldorf, MD 20602
- Wednesday, December 14th — 4pm - 7pm
- Thursday, December 15th — 8am - 11am
Questions? Call us at 202-772-4300 x402 (DC drop-off) or 301-247-0695 (Waldorf drop-off) for our Christmas Giving Program or 202-772-4300 for general information on Catholic Charities.