Christmas Gift Program
Welcome to the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington’s annual Angel Tree Christmas Gift program to help families in need during the holiday season. Each year - with your support – we help hundreds of families by providing each of their children, ages 16 and younger, with a Christmas gift.
Thank you for participating in any way you can!
There are 3 ways you can help:
Purchase a gift for each child in a family (or several)! Click the button to see the list of children and their Christmas wishes and make your commitment.
Make a monetary donation that will go towards purchasing gifts for children on the list. Please be sure to note "Christmas Gift Program" as the recipient of your gift.
Sign up for a shift in December to accept gifts, to organize gifts, to help with gift pick up, or to provide treats for all the busy volunteers!
Last year, friends like you provided over 900 children with Christmas gifts!
This year, donors have already committed to support families in need by “adopting” over --- children!
But there are still --- children who need your help!
Help make a family's Christmas wishes come true!
Gift Program Details
Check out the “Christmas Wish” for each child for ideas. If there is no specific gift requested for the child you “adopted,” when you are shopping, check the labels on toys and games for the age children they are designed for. We have also provided you with a list of age appropriate toy suggestions, here.
Here are some general giving guidelines and logistics:
- Purchase new, non-violent toys or gifts that are appropriate for the child’s age (Most toy labels include what age children most enjoy it)
- Aim to spend ~$35 per child
- If a toy you are giving requires them, include the batteries
- If you are giving gift cards to teenagers, be sure they are to a recognizable chain store or restaurant that is easy to reach by public transportation
- Please DO NOT wrap the gifts you are giving. While grateful for the gifts they receive, parents may be reluctant to allow items, sight unseen, into the hands of their children. Many also want the joy of decorating the presents for their children themselves.
- Please consider adding a "Roll to Go" — wrapping paper, bows, gift cards, tape etc. – with your gift. Parents will choose a roll to their liking and leave with everything they need to make the holidays brighter for their children.
- Please consider praying throughout the year for the family and children you “adopt” this Christmas
Gifts must be hand-delivered, just like the Magi and Santa to
Catholic Charities, 924 G Street NW, Washington DC 20001 (map)
- Thursday, December 14th — 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm
- Friday, December 15th — 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm
Questions? Call us at 202-772-4300 x125 for our Christmas Giving Program or 202-772-4300 for general information on Catholic Charities.