Christmas Gift Program
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington hosts an annual Christmas Gift Giving program to help families in need during the holiday season. Each year with your support we provide hundreds of children, ages 16 and younger, with a Christmas gift.
Thank you for participating in any way you can!
There are 3 ways you can help:
Purchase gifts for the children in a family, or provide gift cards that will allow the parents to pick out the gifts for their children. Click the "Adopt a family" button to see the list of families.
Purchase a general gift that will go into a Christmas basket for a family in need.
Make a monetary donation that will go towards purchasing gifts for children in the program. Please be sure to note "Christmas Gift Program" as the recipient of your gift.
Last year, we helped over 300 families!
This year, donors have already "adopted" over --- children!
But there are still --- children who need your help!
Help make a family's Christmas wishes come true!
Gift Program Details
You can choose to either purchase NEW, non-violent gifts for each child, or purchase giftcards and let the parents/guardians do the shopping for their own family. The "suggested amount" for gift cost is $35 per child.
Some giving guidelines and logistics
- If an item requires batteries, please include them with the gift.
- If purchasing gift cards, be sure the store is part of a recognizable chain that is easily reached by public transportation.
- Please DO NOT wrap your gifts. While grateful for the gifts they receive, parents may be reluctant to allow items, sight unseen, into the hands of their children. Many also want the joy of decorating the presents for their children themselves.
- Please do consider adding a "Roll to Go" — wrapping paper, bows, gift cards, tape etc. with your gift. Parents will leave with everything they need to make the holidays brighter for their children.
Catholic Charities, 924 G Street NW, Washington DC 20001 (map)
- Thursday, December 10th — 10am-7pm
- Friday, December 11th — 8am-4pm
Questions? Call us at 202-772-4300 x125 for our Christmas Giving Program or 202-772-4300 for general information on Catholic Charities.